Monday, January 20, 2014

50 years y sin embargo siempre volvemos...

I believe there is a surgeon general report for drinking too and yet I am writing under the influence (WUI?). However, that isn't my point, what I wanted to write about is how we get engaged in all those sweet delicious self-destructing habits. Yeah, we know smoking is bad but some people still do it (I'm not going to say that I don't because I've been weak lately... just don't tell my fellow public health professionals). Even though we acknowledge that something is bad for us, we insist on doing it and my ideas are not clear as to why it happens. It could be SM, it could be that we just love how we feel while doing those guilty "pleasures". Now that I say we "love", como dice Shakira "siempre volvemos a amar" y es que amar es una de esas cosas que hacemos una y otra vez aunque duela.
Before I get into the whole english-spanish blah blah blah, I gotta say that I'm guilty as charge of whatever the case I am trying to build here. I somehow end up in the weirdest/worst/most painful situations ever. If you'd ask me why, I could not come up with a straight answer. Maybe it is just that love is just like smoking. No, let me take that back, it is not love what is wrong, it's all about the choices we make regarding love. Ok! not us, but myself. I make horrible choices and that is a fact (don't ask). Anyways, doing certain things out of "love" can be a rough path if you ask me but somehow they're addictive, you can't stop (ask me again). I just want to pretend I am one of those MadMen guys and pretend I don't know the consequences.
So happy 50th surgeon general report on smoking :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment