Thursday, January 15, 2015

My war against the lint roller


I hereby declare my defeat on the lint roller war. Just like that, I have two dogs so I will always have fur going around. This defeat can be easily adopted to other situations in my life. And by defeat, I do not mean I will give up on anything, no, this defeat is more like an abandonment, I will stop fighting. I came to learn, as arrogant as this may be, that whether you challenge or just embrace the negative side of things, every one of us needs to find what suits best to confront things in life. Going back to lint roller use, this means for me not being obsessed with every fur on my clothes and certainly WILL NEVER GIVE MY DOGS AWAY, no. Loosing the war with the lint roller use just means to vacuum whenever and leave it be if not necessary. 

Interestingly enough, the original name I had for this post was "Deep life lessons learned at the most unexpected place" and I wanted to write about many ups and downs (lessons) I've had so far living in such a "celebrity loaded" city (which, if I may, some people may say it's a materialistic capital). Somehow my attention was deviated from such a cheesy title and got caught with just a domestic issue. And it is so, domestic issues as well as "dazzling/superficial" experiences can be transformed into deep life lessons. Therefore, I declared defeat on many wars I thought I had to fight (I have slowly done so over the last couple years but I never acknowledged I was doing it). Bottom line, I decided I'm not interested about fighting wars with guilt,  self-judgment, the perception other people have about me... aren't most of these things just on my head? Well, there's that.

No comments:

Post a Comment